What does MacRec offer you?1.
The City of Macedonia Family Recreation Center is a 55,000 sq. ft. community and fitness center located in Macedonia, Ohio. In addition to providing a wide variety of recreational and educational programming for all ages, we offer the following features for your enjoyment:
- Lap Pool, Activity Pool, Steam, Sauna, Whirlpool
- Indoor Track, Cardio and Resistance Equipment
- Fully Equipped Weight Room
- Learn to Swim Classes for all ages and abilities
- Land and Aquatic Fitness Classes
- Fitness Classes geared for Older Adults, including the SilverSneakers® Program
- Tot Room Babysitting
- Youth Programming & Sports
- Summer Day Camp
- Special Events
- Rental Opportunities
- Birthday Parties
- FREE WIFI NEW!
- Much More!
Stop in and ask for a free tour! We look forward to serving you!
Join the MacRec team!
Please download the Employment Application, complete, and return to the front desk at the rec center.
NOTE: Employment applications are accepted year-round for current and future positions.
• WSI Instructors
• Front Desk
All registration is done at the Macedonia Family Recreation Center. Priority is given to members first. Register promptly to ensure your position in the program and to prevent possible cancellation due to low enrollment. We reserve the right to cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment prior to the start of the class. We accept registrations until the class is full or as noted:
Because of the progressive nature of swim lessons no registration will be accepted after the second class begins.
Fitness Classes (Land & Water)
Registration is accepted throughout the entire session. No prorated fees available. Drop ins welcome for some classes; see course description for details.
Youth Sports Organizations
Registration dates are published as available for these programs.
Drop In Fee Guidelines
A drop in fee is available for some programs (see program description for drop in availability and pricing). When classes are full, dropping in will not be possible. All classes require a minimum number of pre-registered participants to operate. If minimum enrollment is not met, classes will be cancelled. The best way to ensure a spot in a class is to pre-register. All drop in registrations must be done in person at the front desk before entering the class.
Waiting lists are available for popular programs. If a class is full please leave your name and phone number for the waiting list.
Fees must be paid at the time of registration. Only receipt of payment reserves registration. Members of the Macedonia Family Recreation Center will receive a discount on classes that take place at the Recreation Center. Classes have limited enrollment. Fees for programs may be paid by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.
Checks may be made payable to: City of Macedonia
Activity, program, or class refund or credit: Participant will receive a full refund or credit if the Parks & Recreation Department cancels an activity. Participant cancels 5 business days prior to first day of activity, a full refund or credit will be issued minus an $5.00 administration fee. If participant cancels less than 5 business days prior to first day of activity, participant will receive prorated refund or credit minus $5.00 an administration fee from date of notification.
Refund for bus trips will be issued if spot can be filled. If expenditure has been made on behalf of a participant, that amount will be deducted from the total refund. Any refund of $5 or less will be credited to an account at the Rec. Center. Department supervisors reserve the right to adjust the policy and request documentation, depending upon the circumstances and the severity of the situation. Department supervisors reserve the right not to grant all refund requests. Participants should recognize and understand that activities of a physical nature involve some level or risk, and by registering for the class/program/activity the participant (or participant’s guardian) has assumed responsibility for that risk.
Memberships and daily passes are non-refundable or non-transferable.
Returned Check Policy
A returned check from the bank will be charged a $13.00 fee.4.
Facility Rental Info
All rental applications must be in writing. The Recreation Department reserves the right to deny any rental application. All rentals subject to availability. For complete information on facility rental please call the Macedonia Family Recreation Center at (330) 468-8370 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|Hourly Rental Rates|
|Rotunda – Section||40||$20||$30||$35|
|Natatorium – Whole*||200||$150||$200||$300|
|Natatorium – Lap Pool||100||$90||$100||$120|
|Natatorium – Activity Pool||75||$90||$100||$120|
|Natatorium – Lap Lane||10||$20||$25||$30|
* The entire natatorium can only be rented outside of the regular hours of operation.
City of Macedonia Departments and Organizations established by the City and current annual members of the Macedonia Family Recreation Center.
Macedonia based, Non profit, tax exempt corporations as established by the IRS (examples: civic organizations, churches, fraternal bodies) not charging admissions.
Any organization, institution, agency, group or individual not included in Class 1 – 2; or anyone in Class 2 charging admission.
Rental Policies and Fees
1. The application for use of areas within the Macedonia Family Recreation Center shall be in writing and submitted to the Macedonia Family Recreation Center Staff. All areas of the application must be filled out completely and must be signed by a responsible representative of the requesting organization or party.
2. Rental requests will be accepted on a quarterly basis to correspond with program registration dates. Requests must be received a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
3. Your rental fee payment and completed Rental Agreement must be received prior to approval and confirmation.
4. When events are scheduled outside of the normal business day, a fee of $25.00 per hour will be assessed. A minimum of two hours will be charged.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT – A $50.00 Security Deposit is required for all rentals. The Security Deposit will be refunded (a check to be mailed from the City of Macedonia within 4 weeks) unless:
a. You cancel the rental with less than 2 weeks notice.
b. The facility is left dirty.
c. Any damage has occurred to City property as a result of your rental
d. You or your party violates the terms of the Rental Agreement.
6. Macedonia Family Recreation Center lifeguards will supervise all activities in the natatorium. Please have an accurate estimate of attendance at the time of the rental so we may plan accordingly. The rental fee includes up to 25 people. There will be an additional fee of $35.00 per hour for each additional 25 persons, or portion there of, in attendance.
7. Any time the Colorado Timing system is in use, Macedonia Family Recreation Center staff will set-up, run and remove the system. The fee is an additional $25.00 per hour.
Open to ages 1½ to 8...
Have your child’s next birthday party...